Available Job Opportunities
Discover available job opportunities at Essington.
The Defence School Mentor (DSM) is a defence-funded position that is aimed at supporting dependent children of Defence members enrolled at TES. The objective is to ease the impact of mobility and service-related parental absence. Within the TEISD community the DSM provides assistance to Defence students and their families, and raises awareness of unique needs of these families due to the military lifestyle.
This is a non-teaching role. The role of the DSM is not one of a teacher or counsellor, but as a conduit between these professional services to facilitate information-sharing and appropriate referral to support services as required.
The Position in Context Teachers at The Essington School are:
- Supportive of the Educational Philosophy of the School
- Contributors to a caring and supportive community
- Focused on the needs of the school’s clients
- Facilitators of positive and productive community relationships
- Active participants in the professional learning community
- Focused on developing a culture of excellence
- Committed to the holistic education of the students in their care
- Continuously improving their teaching practice and professional knowledge base
The teacher is appointed by and acts under the direction of the Principal, in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.