Keep updated with COVID-19 communications from The Essington School.
This page will assist our school community in finding all the latest updates, previous correspondence and future updates relating to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The health of both our students and staff is paramount. Essington will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates and advice as we receive it from the relevant authorities.
- 2 SEP 2021 - COVID vaccine for students aged 12-18 years in NT schools
- 23 AUG 2021 - Covid Update - Saturday 21 August
- 19 AUG 2021 - COVID-19 Update - School resumes - Friday
- 16 AUG 2021 - COVID-19 Public Exposure Sites - NT Locations
- 16 AUG 2021 - School Closure - WEF Monday 16 August
- 13 AUG 2021 - COVID-19 Australian hotspots and travel restrictions - 13 August
- 09 AUG 2021 - COVID-19 Australian hotspots and travel restrictions - 9 August
- 06 AUG 2021 - COVID-19 Update - 6 August
- 19 JUL 2021 - COVID-19 Update - 17-07-2021
- 02 JUL 2021 - OSHC & LDC Services - Monday
- 01 JUL 2021 - OSHC & LDC Services - Resumes on Friday
- 28 JUN 2021 - Important Update - OSHC & LDC Closure
- 28 JUN 2021 - OSHC/LDC - Lockdown Update - 28 June 2021
- 27 JUN 2021 - OSHC & LDC – Information for Essential Workers – NT Lockdown
- 24 JUN 2021 - COVID-19 Update - NSW hotspots declared
- 17 JUN 2021 - COVID-19 Update - Thursday 17 June 2021
- 10 JUN 2021 - COVID-19 update - Queensland
- 03 JUN 2021 - COVID Updates - VIC & NSW
- 27 MAY 2021 - COVID Update - 27 May
- 10 MAY 2021 - COVID-19 Update
- 29 MAR 2021 - COVID Update - Sat 27 March
- 15 MAR 2021- COVID-19 Update 15-03-2021
- 05 FEB 2021 - COVID-19 Update
- 01 FEB 2021 - Newly Identified Hotspots - Coronavirus update
- 28 JAN 2021 - COVID-19 Update - 28_01_2021
- 01 DEC 2020 - COVID-19 Update - 2020.12.01
- 16 NOV 2020 - Travel Advice - COVID-19 Update
- 28 JULY 2020 - Term 3 Update - COVID-19
- 16 JULY 2020 - COVID 19 Update
- 26 JUN 2020 - COVID-19 Declaration Form - Campus Entry
- 26 JUN 2020 - COVID-19 Update
- 02 JUN 2020 - COVID-19 Update - parent letter
- 09 APR 2020 - Letter from the Principal - Term 2 Preparations
- 07 APR 2020 - Letter from the Principal - Term 2 @ Essington Connect
- 31 MAR 2020 - Holiday and Vacation Care
- 27 MAR 2020 - Early Conclusion to Term 1 – Tuesday 31 March 2020
- 25 MAR 2020 - Essington_COVID-19 Emergency Response Plan
- 24 MAR 2020 - COVID-19 Early Years Information for Families
- 23 MAR 2020 - COVID-19: Junior School Program
- 17 MAR 2020 - Updated Memo from Principal - COVID-19
- 13 MAR 2020 - COVID-19 - Update
- 10 MAR 2020 - Letter from the Principal regarding Coronavirus precautions
- 10 FEB 2020 - Coronavirus Quarantine - Update & Fact Sheet
- 04 FEB 2020 - Coronavirus - Update - 4 February
- 02 FEB 2020 - Coronavirus – Update as at 4pm, 1 February 2020
- 30 JAN 2020 - Coronavirus - Update - 29 January
- 27 JAN 2020 - Precautionary Note - Coronavirus
Essington is undertaking a range of measures to minimise risks in the School. These include (but are not limited to):
- Reinforcing good hygiene practices for both students and staff;
- Monitoring and updating our policies when new information is received;
- Providing regular information updates to everyone within the school community.
All excursions have been cancelled until the end of Term.
All assemblies and gatherings at School have been cancelled until the end of Term. This includes
Current Government advice is that schools can remain open. If that advice changes, Essington may
be required to close.
The School is preparing strategies to provide for remote learning support. There will clearly be an
impact on studies, however, every effort will be made to minimise disruption. Information will be
provided as soon as circumstances require a change to normal school routine.
No. The School will continue to provide services within the constraints defined by Government
protocol to deal with the COVID-19 response.
If you have been in close contact with a proven case of coronavirus, you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
If you travel internationally you will be required to self-isolate for at least 14 days.
The School has organised to provide all staff at Essington with a Flu vaccine.
Contact your GP
You will be required to follow your doctor’s orders. Please also notify the school immediately.
The Northern Territory Government is providing regular updates at https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
The Commonwealth Government updates can be found at www.health.gov.au
The Commonwealth Department of Information also provides regular updates at
Further information on the School’s specific responses can be obtained from your Head of School, the Principal or Business Manager.
- Click here for Government advice on reducing the potential risk of COVID-19 transmission in Schools.
- Click here to view an article explaining why, at the moment, the risk to teachers posed by COVID-19 while schools remain open is relatively low, with the exception of older teachers and those with a chronic illness.
- Click here for a special report on how parents, carers and teachers can help children and young people deal with any anxiety they may be experiencing as a result of media coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak, published by School TV.
- Click here for an article for parents on the effects of COVID-19 on children, published by The Conversation.
For any queries or concerns, please contact email@example.com
Additionally, for more specific school-based queries, please contact your child's respective Head of School.